Want to visit some Batanes tourist spot soon? And still contemplating yourself if your going to avail a Batanes Tourist Package or you want a bit of challenge and create your own Batanes Itinerary Plan. In this travel guide, you’re going to get an answer to your question and make you decide what’s best travel package you want to do.
Batanes is known as one of the dream destination of many but only a few can Travel on the Island because of their limited flights and somehow expensive. But this doesn’t mean that you cannot go to your dream land, isn’t it? That’s why I am creating this Batanes Itinerary and guides for you to plan ahead your trip. Ready yet?
Now, how about you get yourself first a cup of coffee and grab some cookies and biscuits to munch while we start your planning? Please also don’t forget your pen and planner, or any tools you may use in noting the important things and details in this post for your future Batanes trip.
The content of this Batanes Itinerary is base on our DIY trip last January 18-22, 2020. So I may not be able to cover all your inquiries but I’ll try my best to elaborate and give all the full details of our trip.
You can also visit my article to take a sneak peak on what Batanes can offer you, so you can decide whether to go and continue this travel plan yours.
Booking A Flight
The most important piece of this guide is a plane ticket to Basco, Batanes. Yes, to make your dream in a more reality side you need to make a booking right now. There are three major airlines that are accustomed in flying to Basco, Batanes and these are the PAL, Cebu Pacific and Skyjet.
Batanes plane tickets are
quite expensive I know, but if you are lucky enough you can sometimes score a seat sale or if you can find some mediocre price just go and grab it. That’s what we did during my booking, I have made a booking worth 7K RT ticket + 20kg baggage inclusion.
Take note that ticket prices may vary depending on the month of your travel.
(1) I suggest you book a flight in months January-Early March since this is not yet a peak season but also you can enjoy a cool weather. This is only my preference though.
(2) Make sure you get a right window seat so you can see the greenish hills from the plan before you land.
March-May is their peak season because it is summer and the island is mostly dry and sunny.
Where to Stay in Basco, Batanes?
I won’t be taking into full details in selecting your stays. Since this will be up to your own preference. I’ll just put some places I found to be most recommended by travelers. After all, I don’t see much of any negative thoughts in most of the places because I believe all the Ivatan serves what’s best for their customers so choosing your stay will be much more on you.
- Savatan Homestay – This is where I’ve booked our stay for our 5D4N trip. They are offering their rooms for 1500php/night and it can actually fit 4 persons. One room is consists of 1 double bed and 2 single bed. That’s a good deal right? Plus a bonus of having a perfect Mt. Iraya view on their balcony, it’s worth it!
- Marifel’s Lodge – This lodging is one of the top recommended by solo backpackers because of it’s cheap accommodation per night. They say you can go as low as 350php/night for 1 person.
- Nathaniel’s Lodge – One of the top recommended places when you check some third party booking sites such as Agoda, etc. Their price can go for 1300-1500php/night for 2 persons plus breakfast inclusion, sounds nice right?
There are so many Homestays and Lodging places in Batanes. I bet you can go and pick the best right, google is just 1 click away! Also if you plan on getting Batanes Tour Package, they already have a ready place for you so no need to get stress on finding a lodging place.
Tip#2: If you like to like to choose your own stay, then go for a DIY travel plan. You can even book 2 or more different places of course in parallel with your itinerary. But Batanes is a very small Island so staying in 1 place in Basco should be enough.
Your Batanes Itinerary Planning
Note: If you are already decided in availing Full Batanes Tourist Package, maybe you can already skip this part and go here. Because what we are going to talk about now is how will be the flow of your itinerary in Batanes.
If you read the article mentioned above, you should know that Batanes is composed of three(3) inhabitable Island namely Batan, Sabtang and Itbayat. Basco is located in Batan Island and this island will be the primary focus of this itinerary planning.